Sustainability is at the core of our business
Our goal is to drive sustainable change through innovation and collaboration and to help our business and our customers to be a force for good. We recognise that we all have a part to play in looking after the planet that we all share. Our focus is on setting targets and tracking progress to ensure that we see measurable results under the three core pillars of sustainability; people, planet and profits. For us, sustainability is about respecting finite resources, taking care of our environment, operational efficiency and contributing to the communities in which we all live and work.
We constantly strive to source the most sustainable, innovative products on the market, whilst also ensuring that we provide the service, choice, range, variety, quality and value that our customers expect. Our products are only sourced from manufacturers who maintain the highest environmental, ethical and human rights standards. To enforce this we have a dedicated team in Shanghai to audit our Far East suppliers, allowing us to assure our customers that we are sourcing from ethical, sustainable supply chains.
Sustainable Development Goals
We align with five of the UN Sustainable Development Goals to set targets and track our progress.
These are Good Health and Wellbeing (SDG 3), Responsible Consumption and Production (SDG 12), Climate Action (SDG 13), Life Below Water (SDG 14) and Life on Land (SDG 15).
Innovation: Providing Sustainable Solutions for our Customers
At Bunzl Irish Merchants, we want to go beyond simply operating sustainably ourselves. Sharing our knowledge and expertise to help others to operate more sustainably is a win for everyone. We are a solutions-driven business, and our goal is to partner with our customers so they can operate sustainably.
We support our customers by:
• Providing innovative solutions
• Always being transparent, open and honest in every aspect of our business
• Regularly sharing relevant, up to date information on sustainability with our customers, enabling them to make the most informed choice for their business
• Auditing your business and advising on the most suitable options for you, factoring in your unique environment, limitations, external factors etc. to help businesses make the right choice for them
(for example: sharing the factors to consider to determine whether compostables or recyclables would be a more sustainable option for your business)
• Sharing innovation and sustainability trends with our customers
• Providing a breakdown and checklists on relevant EU and Irish legislation in the current, ever-changing landscape.